Over on Instagram a few days ago, I shared with y’all my idea for coming up with a list of things I’d like to do before baby gets here! There aren’t a ton of “big” projects, a lot of them are just smaller things that I wanted to have written down so I wouldn’t forget. Or, if I had free time, I had something reminding me of what I said I wanted to do with my time. Of course, handling this with as much grace for myself as I can – but, it’s so restful for me to have these written down so I have ways to find pockets of peace throughout my day.
I did this back when Thomas left for Officer Training School (I’ll link that list here) and it brought me so much joy, I looked forward to each next day and it gave me a season where I can look back and see how much I’ve grown.
Here’s what I’ve got:
– Mani + Pedi – “treat myself day”
– Prenatal massage
– Learn (or start learning about) needlepoint
– Make freezer meals
– Prep smoothie bags to dump in blender
– Have house deep cleaned
– Movie marathon day with Thomas
– A house project that I’ve been putting off
– clean out + organize my closet
– Prep diaper baskets/stations around the house
– Wash baby clothes + blankets
– Wash bottles + pacifiers
– Fancy dinner date with Thomas
– Hair cut + color – one last time
– Pack hospital bag
– Finish decorating the guest room
– Read a fun book
– Set maternity “out of office” email
– Get baby book info together – this is the baby journal I’m using
– Put together a “labor” playlist
– Take baby courses online
– Make sourdough bread again
– Freeze some baked goods
– Sleepover with girlfriends
– Organize baby dresser
– Organize makeup drawers
– Costco haul!!!
– Learn to do at home nails
What would you add to your list?!