The Easiest Banana Bread Recipe 🍌
Banana bread with a spread of Irish Butter is my most recent craving in the morning.
With Thomas loving smoothies and asking me to buy a bunch (literally) of bananas every grocery trip, we're left with a few bananas left over that go bad.
I've found a few ways to make sure they don't go to waste: 1) peel, chop and freeze for future smoothies or 2) BANANA BREAD!
*cue Gwen Stafani's "Hollaback Girl"*
Here's how easy it is:
- 2 to 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup (or 5 tbsp) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Fun additions: chocolate chips, coconut flakes, a nut of choice.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare a loaf pan with nonstick spray or butter.
- In a mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth.
- Add the melted butter to the bananas and mix well.
- Mix in the baking soda, salt, sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Then, add the flour.
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F or until you're able to insert a fork and it comes out clean without any batter.
- Remove from oven + let cool in the pan for a few minutes. I normally let mine cool in the pan and then transfer it out of the pan for further cooling before serving.
See! How easy!
If I'm making loaves for friends, I make mini loaves using this mini loaf pan to package and give out to friends. It's easier to share!
I suggest adding butter to add a salty flavor to this sweet baked good!